The Dapto Uniting Church traces its roots to 1841 when Sunday services were first held in a Dapto schoolroom under the leadership of Presbyterian minister Rev John Tait. With the establishment of the railway network in 1887, the Dapto area experienced a period of continued urban expansion over the ensuing decades.
Our current red brick building, then called St Andrew's Presbyterian Church, was officially opened and dedicated on 7 February 1959. On 22 June 1977, the Australian Methodist and most Presbyterian and Congregational Churches merged to form the Uniting Church in Australia. In Dapto, the Congregations decided to meet in the existing Presbyterian building. After much prayer and planning, construction work commenced in 1981 to attach new hall facilities to the existing church building.
For many years, our Dapto Uniting family has faithfully sought to share the love of Jesus with our local community, through ministries such as our Op Shop, Tiddlywinks Playgroup, Messy Church, Heart & Soul Fitness Group and monthly Market Morning.
Service Times: 9:30 am every Sunday; 5:30 pm once a month, on the third Sunday (not in January)
Our Sunday services are times set aside for worshipping God through culturally relevant and spiritually deep teaching and music. During each service, we try to keep a balance of contemporary and tradition styles of worship, including a special segment for children. There is a chance to get to know each other better over morning tea after the morning service, or over dinner before the evening service. We look forward to meeting you!