Joining a Zoom Meeting by telephone
- Dial an in-country number that will be given to you by the host. Ensure the number starts with 02, or +61 2. If not, you may be charged STD rates for the call.
- You will be prompted to enter the meeting ID - the nine (9), ten (10), or eleven (11) digit ID provided to you by the host, followed by #.
- If the meeting has not already started and join before host is not enabled, you will be prompted to enter the host key to start the meeting, or to press # to wait if you are participant.
- You will be prompted to enter your unique participant ID, if you have been advised of a participant ID. Press # to skip.
Phone controls for participants
The following commands can be entered via DTMF tones using your phone's dial pad while in a Zoom meeting:
- *6 - Toggle mute/unmute
- *9 - Raise hand
Entering the meeting password using your dial pad
If you join a meeting by phone you're prompted to enter the meeting password, enter it using T9 predictive text by pressing the number key associated with the letter. Replace non alphanumeric characters with 0 (like spaces). Here are some examples:
- If the password is ZoomPass, press 96667277.
- If the password is Zoom Pass, press 966607277.